Monday, May 9, 2011

KAUST Greenhouse

For a few weeks most of the playgrounds were closed due to some concerns with safety.  These closures made us get more creative than usual in our quests for finding things to do and it was during this time that we took a trip to the KAUST Greenhouse and were pleasantly surprised at how nice it was.  The gardeners have arranged several little paths throughout the greenhouse on which the children loved to run.  Many set ups were hidden such as a model of the Great Wall of China.  We let the girls each select a plant for their room and purchased some herbs for our backyard.  We saw several little fairy type houses made from twigs and branches that I am hoping Casey will be able to replicate for our yard.    This was a refreshing way for us to spend a weekend morning after another long work week.




2 comments:

  1. This is exciting to me--I just arrived at KAUST and heard about the greenhouse. I had assumed it was a research facility and definitely wanted to check it out, but I'm much more fond of buying plants to grow myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like fun. My goodness the twins are growing up sooooo fast.

    ReplyDelete