Saturday, May 7, 2011

January's 5K

Casey sent me some of his I-Phone pictures so this post is a tad overdue, but I feel it must be included in the year's happenings.  Although I have participated in several 5 and 10Ks, this is the first time I have entered one with Casey and our first as a family.  This was such a rewarding day for everyone and we were so proud of our little troopers.  The girls made it the entire way in jst under one hour.  We will definitely be entering next year and Casey and I actually plan to compete......

Theresa got to walk with a friend from class and this helped tremendously.  Marcella would have done much better had she had a friend as well so next year we will plan on walking with classmates.   

I see this race as the begininng of a new family tradition for us.  My father was a long distance runner and as a little girl I remember going with my family to his races.  We also partcipated in several community walking events growing up and then in college I ran in several benefit runs.   It is my hope that our children will remember such events with fondness and carry on the tradition as well.






No comments:

Post a Comment